Thursday, January 07, 2010

Turn and Face the Strange

Loyal readers will notice that there have been a few changes around the ole blog. Thanks to my wonderful (and technologically advanced) wife, I have a new template which I hope will liven things up a bit. Commenting on my previous template, Leslie had this to say "It's depressing and boring I don't want to read it." So there you go.

Appropriate, I suppose. I realized that the last few posts (since I've come back to semi-regular blogging) have been very ponderous, if not downright glum. That is certainly one side of who I am, but far from a complete picture. When I first started writing, my intention was to chronicle all things cultural; of late I have left a very large portion untouched. I hope to return to those things. In that spirit, I have come into the 21st Century and added a "gadget" to the site, albeit a gadget which mimics an arcade game from the 80's. Burger Time is perhaps the greatest classic arcade game, and reflects part of my taste: the goofy side which values silly pop culture oddities. If you need a break from my ramblings, just scroll down to the bottom of the page to relieve stress by being chased around by sociopathic hot dogs.

The most important change, however, is the addition of a new friend. As you may notice, this blog now has two contributors. In addition to me, TEP will now feature my good friend Andrew. Cheesemonger by day, novelist by night, Andrew currently lives with his wife and adorable baby daughter in Dallas, Texas. He has a sharp mind (and wit), and fills in some cultural blind spots: he promises to write about the NBA, among other things -- something I enjoy but am not particularly knowledgeable about. He also pledges to give to the site his silly side, which he swears is his best. I believe his first post will be a blow by blow account of him wrestling with that noted literary classic, Twilight. I feel sure that we can expect great things from him.

As for my rascally self, I will do my best to put up a new post tomorrow.

No comments: